A bath mat

You might have noticed that the Summer hasn’t been a a very productive season (in what regards crafts) around here. With all the travel we did I had to put a few projects on hold, specially the big ones. But now that things have calmed down and our lives have settled back into our rhythms I’m back working with my hands.  For a long time I wanted to knit or crochet a bath mat for our bathroom and after a long search for a nice pattern I came across the Chinese Waves dishcloth. I love its airy and springy texture and thought that if I knitted a bigger version of the dishcloth I would have a lovely a bath mat. Unfortunately it didn’t hold its shape at a larger size and even though I realized this very early on I carried on knitting it  just because I’m stubborn like that. In the end I cut up an old towel and sewed onto the back of the mat. It worked and it feels great under the feet! I have started this project way back  in April and for a while I thought it would never see the light of the day. Right now I’m giving particular attention to the projects that have been dragging on forever  and pretty relived I managed to bring this one to a closure. Just for reference,I used cotton DK, double stranded on 8 mm needles.

 

bath mat

bath mat scale

 

Você deve ter notado que o verão não tem sido uma temporada muito produtiva por aqui. Por causa das tantasviagens que fizemos eu tive que suspender a maior parte dos meus projetos, principalmente os grandes. Mas agora que as coisas acalmaram e as nossas vidas voltaram ao ritmo normal eu estou de volta a trabalhar com as mãos.  Já havia um bom tempo eu estava querendo fazer (em tricô ou crochê) um tapete para o nosso banheiro e depois de uma longa procura por um modelo interessante eu achei o Chinese Waves dishcloth . Eu adoro a sua textura arejada e pensei que se tricotasse uma versão maior do paninho eu teria um lindo tapete para o banheiro. Infelizmente no formato grande ele perdeu a forma e apesar de eu ter percebido que não ia dar certo logo no início, de teimosa que sou, eu continuei trabalhando assim mesmo. No final eu acabei tendo que cortar uma toalha velha e costurá-la na parte de traz do tapete para segurar a forma. Funcionou perfeitamente e é uma delícia de macio! Eu comecei esse projeto há um tempão atrás, em abril e por algum tempo eu ache que ele nuca veria a luz do dia.  Agora eu estou dando uma atenção especial aos projetos inacabados e estou aliviada de ter concluído esse. Só para referência, eu tricotei com dois fios de algodão (DK) e agulhas tamanho 8 mm.

SaveSave

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.