Spot the difference

So here is another finished project that sat for a whole year in its project bag waiting for resolution. I started those socks in June last year, a super simple and quick project for me that seemed to be doomed from the beginning. Even though the yarn band recommended 2.5 mm needles, I must have casted on the wrong number of stitches. I did notice that the yarn was indeed a bit thicker than the standard sock yarn, but never mind. Off course that when I finished the first sock it was perfect for Warren’s foot and too big for mine. Ok, Warren will get new socks! So I happily carried on knitting the second sock until I  I ran out of yarn. 90% of the socks done and the yarn was gone. I just couldn’t believe it. What should I do? Easier would be to have bought another skein, only I brought this one from England and it wasn’t cheap to start with. Add the postage on top I didn’t really think it was worth it. Then I thought I could be brave and undo the whole thing and divide the skein into two balls (what I should have done from the beginning anyway) and start again a new pattern, from the toes up. Clearly I wasn’t that brave and instead I just left it there marinating.  Only now when I decided to really finish all the lingering projects I decided not to be so precious about it and finished it with left over yarn from a sock I made for Marta last year. It is a perfectly functional sock and I must say that I quite like it is funky!

 

funky socks

funky socks on feet

 

Aqui está outro projeto que terminei, mas que antes passou um ano inteirinho na sacola esperando por uma resolução. Eu comecei essas meias em junho do ano passado, um projeto super simples e rápido para mim mas que parecia já destinado ao fracasso. Apesar das intruções do fio recomendarem agulhas de 2,5 mm, eu devo ter montado o número errado de pontos na agulha. Eu notei que o fio era um pouco mais grosso que o fio de meia normal, mas nem liguei. Claro que quando eu terminei a primeira meia ela estava perfeita para o pé do Warren e muito grande para o meu. Tá bom, o Warren vai ganhar meias novas. Então eu continuei feliz a tricotar até que o fio acabou. Com 90% das meias prontas e o fio acaba! O que devo fazer? Pensei. O mais fácil teria sido comprar outro novelo, mas eu tinha trazido essa da Inglaterra comigo e já não tinha sido barato. Mais o preço do correio e eu achei que não valia a pena. Aí eu pensei que eu poderia ser corajosa e desfazer tudinho, dividir o novelo em dois (o que eu deveria ter feito de começo) e começar de novo com uma receita a partir dos dedos. Óbvio que a minha coragem não foi tanta e eu deixei o projeto de lado. Só agora quando resolvi acabar tudo o que estava pendendo é que eu decidi deixar o preciosismo de lado e acabei a meia usando outro fio. É uma meia perfeitamente funcional e sabe que eu até gosto do detalhe que a faz única!

SaveSave

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.